OUTdrive Episode 126 with Steve Kroll
How do you know if your marketing campaign is working? Not all channels are created equally when it comes to reporting. Fortunately, digital marketing avenues such as Search Engine Marketing (SEM), offer the value of predictive analytics and effective reach. In the first episode of a two-part podcast series, I sit down with Steve Kroll, President of Granular, to discuss his lifelong exposure to and the power of online relevancy.
Granular is a data-driven digital marketing agency based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Granular was founded and is run by digital marketing veterans with both in-house Fortune 50 and agency-side marketing experience. Initially joining Granular as the Vice President in 2015, Steve brought 15 years’ worth of digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), consulting, sales and business experience to the role. Steve came up through the industry in the midst of the rise of the internet and was at the forefront of digital marketing for businesses. He earned degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Waukesha.
Tune in to this podcast for a deeper understanding of why getting your SEO and SEM strategy on the right track is paramount for the success of your digital marketing campaigns and online presence.
- 2:15 – Steve’s background growing up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and where his passion for digital and online business started
- 6:00 – Details behind Steve’s first job as an intern with a digital marketing agency in the early 2000s
- 10:15 – Steve explains how his family, support system, and early job exposure provided the perfect launch pad for his career
- 14:00 – Steve gives an overview of Granular and the digital advertising space he and his team specialize in
- 17:00 – Steve talks about the predictability of search engine marketing (SEM)
- 20:45 – How important FAQs are in developing an SEM strategy
- 24:00 – Some other things businesses can do to make Google reward their site with better placement on the search results page
- 28:15 – Cliff and Steve discuss if paid search impacts organic search