OUTdrive Episode 117 with Rogelio Rodriguez
We know there can be a lot of complexity surrounding digital marketing, specifically within the topic of Search Engine Optimization. But, when you break it down, SEO can be simplified to crafting the most relevant and accurate answers to your consumer’s frequently asked questions. In this episode, agency owner Rogelio Rodriguez gives valuable and simplified insight into digital marketing and how to make it work for your business.
Rogelio is the founder and CEO of Rizen Corp., a revenue growth agency based in Miami, Florida. As a veteran of the US Marine Corps, Rogelio leveraged his organizational skills to start an online business. By using search engine optimization strategies within eBay’s search function, the company was generating more than $80,000 in sales per month. He later used his capital to launch a company in an industry that needed change – digital marketing. In 2014, Rogelio started Rizen, a digital marketing agency that helps clients achieve long-term growth and teaches them how to truly connect with customers. In his spare time, he enjoys being outdoors, camping, hiking, and hunting.
Check out this episode of OUTdrive to get a crash course from Rogelio in SEO, inbound marketing, and trending strategies like message testing and Account-Based Marketing.
- 2:15 – Cliff and Rogelio talk about their common connection to Florida
- 3:15 – How Rogelio’s time in the Marine Corps shaped him as a person
- 5:30 – What led Rogelio to online business, SEO, and eventually digital marketing
- 9:45 – Rogelio shares how his business has evolved over the years and how he put together his team
- 12:00 – Rogelio outlines the common types of clients he works with at Rizen
- 13:00 – How Rogelio’s title as a HubSpot certified trainer is beneficial to his clients and in his role as an agency owner
- 14:00 – Some of the ways that companies can take initial sales leads and nurture them into repeat customers
- 17:00 – Rogelio’s insight for those looking to start inbound marketing and how to take FAQs and make them advantageous on your website and social media
- 21:00 – Rogelio simplifies SEO and the strategy behind it
- 24:00 – Rogelio talks about some of the other strategies, like message testing and Account Based Marketing, that his company is finding effective today
- 27:45 – Rogelio shares his perception of rural America and his experience hiring talent from the Midwest
- 29:30 – Rogelio shares his love for hunting and the outdoors