OUTdrive Episode 116 with Rebecca Mankin
CEO’s have a lot on their plate, and managing finances is a critical part of running a business. Many small to medium-size companies can’t justify a full-time CFO, meaning this responsibility often falls on the owner. But, there are financial support options for businesses that just need a little help. After spending most of her career in varying CFO roles, Rebecca Mankin established her own company that specializes in helping non-profits and community health organizations meet their financial goals.
Rebecca is the founder and CEO of Mankin Consulting LLC. She is a seasoned strategic leader that brings financial and operational business insights to her clients. Before founding her own company, Rebecca spent the majority of her career in the health care field. Most recently, she served as a CFO for C-Suite Consulting, Northwest Health Services, and Katy Trail Community Health. In her current role, she helps organizations meet strategic goals, improve patient outcomes, and enhance the bottom line. Rebecca received her bachelor’s from Missouri State University and went on to earn a Master’s in Public Administration, Finance and Business.
Tune into this episode to learn more about the clients Rebecca serves and the common challenges they face.
- 1:50 – Short background on Rebecca’s career journey and path to Sedalia, Missouri
- 4:45 – What prompted Rebecca to start her own business
- 5:30 – Rebecca explains what Mankin Consulting does and the types of clients she serves
- 8:30 – Rebecca shares some of the common problems businesses face when it comes to funding or financials
- 10:30 – Rebecca outlines her typical day as CEO of her company
- 12:30 – Rebecca shares what she thinks it takes to be successful in business today
- 13:30 – How Rebecca takes Mankin Consulting to market and what strategies her team uses to attract new business
- 17:00 – Rebecca shares her advice to someone who is just starting out running their own business
- 17:45 – What Rebecca loves about living and working in rural America
- 21:00 – Rebecca’s financial advice for young adults and couples
- 22:40 – Where Rebecca goes for her information and to further her own education
- 23:20 – Some common challenges Rebecca feels community and health organizations are facing today