Using Multichannel Marketing
OUTdrive Episode 102 with Aric Bremer
While it may seem like the world of advertising is all headed toward the Metaverse, there is still value in traditional marketing. Radio, television, and newspaper, combined with digital components, can make an impact. In this episode of OUTdrive, I sit down with Aric Bremer to discuss how businesses can use a multichannel approach to reach their goals and objectives.
Aric is a sales manager at Zimmer Radio and Marketing Group, where he works with numerous local businesses to put together comprehensive marketing plans that bring a positive return on their investments. Aric has been a radio personality with Clear 99 in Columbia, Missouri for over 20 years and still hosts the weekly Afternoon Drive show spot. Aric is also the voice of Mizzou Arena as the public address announcer for the Missouri Tigers men’s basketball and Mizzou volleyball teams. Aric got his start in radio at KDRO in Sedalia when he was just 15 years old. He went on to earn a degree in communication from the University of Missouri.
Tune into this episode of OUTdrive to hear Aric’s tactical team approach to client marketing plans, how he became the voice of Mizzou Arena, and details behind starting “Blended, Blessed, & Always a Mess,” a podcast hosted by him and his wife, Angie.
- 2:00 – Aric’s background growing up in Sedalia, Missouri, and his journey to working in radio and announcing
- 6:00 – Aric tells the story of how he ended up as the PA for Mizzou Arena and the voice of Men’s Basketball and Volleyball
- 7:55 – Aric and Cliff discuss some moves happening in the Tiger’s basketball program during the offseason
- 11:10 – Aric talks about some of his favorite Mizzou memories and players and coaches that stand out over the years
- 14:00 – Aric shares what goes into his role as sales manager at Zimmer Radio Marketing Group, which includes digital marketing and on-air work
- 18:30 – Aric talks about his blended family and how he and his wife decided to start the “Blended, Blessed, & Always a Mess” Podcast
- 22:00 – Aric outlines the marketing strategies he is seeing that are working for people
- 23:45 – Aric tells Cliff about how he ended up doing voice-overs for national and international clients
- 26:00 – Aric and Cliff discuss 2022 Cardinals baseball
- 31:00 – Aric shares what he enjoys about living in rural America and why he loves the opportunity to come home to Sedalia